Unanswered: Manual commit for DB2 Import ?

Hello ,

I am using DB2 V8 on AIX server
    I have a requirement in which I have 3 DEL file format. I need to import the data from these file in the 3 database tables. But to maintain the database integrity , I need to take care that data for all 3 tables is loaded. If any one table import fails, I need to rollback the changes for the other 2 tables.

I tried using auto commit off by using +c. But it does not work. Even if I issue rollback, the records are still inserted in the table.

I guess this is because, Import is not an SQL command rather its a DB2 utility. And it issues a commit statement of its own at the end.

So is there any way by which I can rollback the import statements.

Thanks
    Rajesh

Please show your IMPORT statement.

If you are running them back to back and not issueing a COMMIT in between you should be able to rollback. IMPORT does nto autocommit. Do you have allow write access ?
    --
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

DB2 v9.7.0.6 os 6.1.0.0

Provided Answers: 5
    Import will issue a commit after it processes the last row. Why not import them into a staging table first, then if all goes OK, copy the staging table to the production table?

Andy

Hello,
    @Cougar8000 - Its simple import statement
    import from <file> of del
    insert into <tablename>
    i am executing it with db2 +ec option

@ ARWINNER - Thanks for reply.

Quote Originally Posted by ARWinner
    Import will issue a commit after it processes the last row. Why not import them into a staging table first, then if all goes OK, copy the staging table to the production table?

Andy
    Wow, I did not know that. Thanks Andy. I was always under impression that it does not.
    --
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

DB2 v9.7.0.6 os 6.1.0.0