Unanswered: Transactional Replication failing

I have a problem with a Publication using Transactional Replication.

After generating a new snapshot, Replication Monitor reports that 'The concurrent snapshot for publication 'pub_name' is not available because it has not been fully generated or the Log Reader Agent is not running to activate it.'

The Log Reader Agent is most definitely running. I have tried reinitialising the subscription using both the existing snapshot and a new snapshot. I have also removed the 'unc' folder from the Repldata share so that it gets recreated when a new snapshot is generated.
    The snapshot generation succeeds - I can see the .bcp and .sch files being created.

I am trying to find out what may have changed since the last time replication was working, in the meantime any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Lempster

Workaround

I haven't found out the underlying cause of the problem, but by creating a new publication with the same articles (the publication is scripted so it was just a case of doing a Find and Replace to change the publication name) I've now got replication working again.
    One possible theory is that the Distribution database has got itself in a bit of a mess because this particular publication is dropped and recreated on a regular basis.

When dropping and recreating the replication you need to make sure that the replication cleanup completely eliminates the remnants of the previous setup. Depending on whether it's pull or push, and depending on what instances are involved, you may have jobs scattered on all of the participants, along with "hidden" and explicit linked servers. Trying to continue out-of-the-box scripts after failures may result in a mess that your automated rebuilding of replication may not be able to handle.
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."