I created a form with an embedded graph that works off of combo box selections (as in KB Q208335). It works on my computer, great so far. Next I put the file out on the network, still works on my computer.
BUT, it won't work when anyone else runs it. The error I get is a parameter popup for the ID of the series (which is passed from one of the combobox selections.)
I'm hoping that it's an Access setting or something simple! Please help!
BTW - it's an Access 2000 mdb, being distributed to Access 2000 and 2003 users.
Yes, the comboboxes work. When I made the graph, I linked it to a query with a column named FundID. (BTW - the graph is in a subform)
One of the comboboxes is a list of Funds, bound to the FundID.
The subform control links the to the combo in the master, and the FundID of the query in the child. So, when I select a new fund in the combo, the graph changes.
It seems like this is all internal to Access. I've check the references to see if any were, broken (they're not). Is there some OLE setting that I don't know about? Why did Microsoft have to make the embedded graphs a 'black box' ...grrr.
Thanks for letting me rant. Any help would be appreciated...or if there's a better way, please let me know!
Yes, I'll gladly attach the mdb. It's on the network at work, so I'll do that tomorrow morning. Well, morning for me...just noticed that you're in Australia, so I'm not sure when that is for you!
Enjoy the rest of your day,
I've attached the mdb. It's Form1. I made the chart a subform so that I could requery the subform control when I change the combo. (At some point, the chart will have to be requeried if either of the combos changes, but I'll be happy if one works for now!)
I went to another computer where it wasn't working, opened the code behind the form and added a space and recompiled it. Then the graph worked!
I went back to the development computer, opened the form and it gave me an error on a line of code with the Format function. Turns out it was a reference after all...I had referenced the Excel Object Library (during one of many graphing iterations). Once I took that out, recompiled, now everyone's graph works.
Why it didn't show me a broken reference on the "non-working" machines is a mystery. Someday I'd like to know why, but for now I'm just slowly backing away ........