Unanswered: Manage an Application

Hi...

I'm running a DB2 v8.1 and there are some web applications getting connetions on this server.

Sometimes, the developers make a mistake and his app lock an table. I can view what application is locking (by a DB2 Monitor). To fix the problem and to unlock the table, I need to shut down the web application to end the connection and unlock the table.

How can I end the connection on db2? Is there any command which I can "kill" the connection? Or do I need to end the web app to end the connect?

I'm trying to find any other away to fix this type of problem, instead of I end the web app.

Thanks!

You need at a minumum sysmaint access and then you can run force application (appl_id) command.

But you need to figure out why it is locking to begin with.
    --
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

DB2 v9.7.0.6 os 6.1.0.0

Kick your developer's ass and tell them they should at least commit/rollback all their transactions.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

About the permissions, no problem. I have full access on the server and on the database.

Actually, I've figured out the problem. Sometimes the developers make a mistake on the code... they forgot to close the stament (or the result set) or they forgot to include "FOR FETCH ONLY" on his select commands.

Can you give me a hand? I don't know this command!

if you have a full access and do not know this command.....you are in trouble. I suggest downloading a manual, basic stuff like this you should be able to pick up from the manual.

db2 "force application (appl_id)"
    --
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

DB2 v9.7.0.6 os 6.1.0.0

Talking

Thanks.... I could run the command.....

Sorry about my stupid question, but I'm new on DB2 - Windows (I'm used to administrate DB2 - AS/400 ).

thanks again!