Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    20

    Unanswered: Pervasive DB Names

    A database name created sometime back (called prodglobalrw) work OK until we had a server crash. When I tried to access the data through this DB name I got an ODBC error which states

    ODBC Error: SQLSTATE = S1000, Native error code = 0
    Unable to open table: Address Agent.
    No such table or object

    This error is applicable to all of the tables under this DB name.

    To correct this issue I was advised that the ODBC.ini and DBname.cfg files would need to be rebuilt. To do this I removed all of the DB names through PCC and then deleted the INI and CFG files. I then recreated all of the DB names, however, I am still getting the same error after the rebuild.

    The other odd matter is that this DB name thinks it has the security set up as it shows the check box to disable the security, if I tick the box to disable the security it returns an error saying that "this database has no security so the command has no effect"

    I am currently using 2000i on an NT server and would appreciate any assistance with this.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    1,109
    Provided Answers: 4
    It sounds like there might be a problem with the DDFs. What happens if you double click on the X$FILE table from within the PCC for this database? How many records are returned?
    On NT servers, the ODBC.INI is not used or needed. All ODBC DSNs are all stored in the registry (under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ODBC). ODBC.INI is used by NetWare servers.

    Does DEMODATA work?
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    20
    When I rebuilt the DB Names the file ODBC.INI was also created.

    As for the XFile, it shows the correct number of records, however, when I look into XIndex or XField they show no records at all. So I setup a new DB name pointing to the same data set as per the old DB name and it works as expected. Even the XField and XIndex shows records.

    There are currently too many programs to use a changed the DB name, which is why I am trying to fix the old name

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    1,109
    Provided Answers: 4
    I'm at a loss. If deleting and recreating the DBNAMES.CFG should have removed the entries and allowed the engine to recreate the DBNAME correctly.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •