Thread: Total records

Unanswered: Total records

Does anyone know if you can show the total number of records that you get on the navigation at the bottom of a form in a text box on the form i want to get rid of the navigation

You should be able to use the RecordCount property of the recordset that the form is bound to. To make sure that it displays the correct number you will need to use the MoveLast method of the recordset to make sure that it's fully populated.

C

the form in question is made from an sql querie and am not sure about the recordset property is that a standard property in access

i have found a way of doing this

=Count([mp3id])

where mp3id is the key field and changes for each recordset returned

I am now trying to show the current record number if anyone can help

colinod--

Yes recordset is a standard property in Access. I would set this number in a textbox through VBA code. How familiar with VBA are you? I'm guessing not very much and that's OK...we all start somewhere!

Let me know how comfortable you are with writing code and we'll work on getting this thing fixed for you.

C

colinod--

For a non VBA solution you code just put "=[CurrentRecord]" in for the ControlSource of the textbox and that should display the number of the current record.

C

im not brilliant writing VBA although i can get my head around something thats aready been written

Provided Answers: 59
    why do you feel the need to display the number of records.... does it have an y meaning or true value to your users, or is it something that you do because Access displays it be default.

the record count property of a recordset should give you what you want.. but you will need to do a ".movefirst" & ".movelast" to populate it.
    you could issue a sql select count() if you wantred to and display the value from that if you wanted to.

I see these sort of record counters quite often, but always wonder why they are there.. most users don't give a flying whatever, but often its seen as somethign you (as a developer) must have.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

The reason for the count is that the database will search over 3000 mp3 files and we want to know how many are returned in the search, but i just dont like the access version at the bottom