Thread: email promt

Unanswered: email promt

i have to send an email i would like it to alow me to pick from my contacts who its going to can any one help

Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application
    Dim objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem
    Dim objOutlookRecip As Outlook.recipient
    Dim objOutlookAttach As Outlook.Attachment

Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

Set objOutlookMsg = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem)

With objOutlookMsg

'objOutlookRecip.Type = olTo

' Add the CC recipient(s) to the message.
    'Set objOutlookRecip = .Recipients.Add("")
    'objOutlookRecip.Type = olCC

.Subject = "End of week report for week starting " & Forms![frmreports]![Text4]
    .Body = ""

Set objOutlookAttach = .Attachments.Add("T:\reports\End of week Film report.pdf")

.Send

End With

Set objOutlookMsg = Nothing
    Set objOutlook = Nothing

I made an email example in the code bank you may want to take a look at: http://www.dbforums.com/showpost.php...2&postcount=46

and another:

http://www.dbforums.com/showpost.php...9&postcount=27 (3rd example (SearchFormMultipleWaysHighlightCurrRecNewVersion. zip) and the 2nd Search form in that example - which shows how to quickly find email addresses and send an email.

I hope those help.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 06-29-08 at 01:35.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

the methods in you post dont add my attachment which is my report convert to pdf which i want to send and pick the person in my outlook contacts because some times the report has to got some else

That wouldn't be difficult to add. I'm using the sendobject command which has a parameter to attach reports. In another example, I have an importing routine which shows how to utilize a browse button and find and attach a file which could be combined with the method in my example to attach a file to send out. The code bank has many examples which can be combined together to do whatever you need.

You might want to download and try some of the examples and pick out things you like. Then it's just a matter of combining the things you like into your mdb together which isn't too difficult. There's code in the code bank to do all sorts of different tasks.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 06-29-08 at 21:10.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)