Smile Unanswered: db2 update performance

Hi All,

I am struggling because of the update performance of db2 . Is it possible to improve update performance using the bufferpool size of tablespace?? I read it in some document but they didn't say how to change or how to relate a tablespace with the perticular table.Also can we disable logging in db2 level.(not the NOT LOGGED INITIALLY!! any other tech) .

Also How to improve my db2 database update performance its becoming poorer every day!!!!.

Advance Thanks And Hoping all will help me to improve the db2 update perf.
    Vallish
    Last edited by vallish; 06-29-08 at 07:46.

Provided Answers: 11
    or an index is missing or you need a reorg of the table and runstats
    you can not disable logging for update only for load or with setting not logged initially
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Hi ,
    I am using index to the table.But i donot know how to use runstat. Can u pls help me in this matter.
    Thanks and regards
    Vallish