Unanswered: Restore the backup

Hi All,

I have a DB2 UDB 8.2 database on Windows 2003 server platform wth a db name 'DSECMDB'. I have taken the backup of the 'DSECMDB'. I am restoring the 'DSECMDB' databse into DB2 9.5 Express-C version.

The Commands are :

In DB2 9.5 Express-C version :
    db2=>create db dsecmdb

db2=>restore database dsecmdb user mg using password from 'c:\dsecmdb\' taken at '20083006201104' into dsecmdb;

SQL2040N The database alias parameter "DSECMDB;" is not valid or not
    specified.

1. Shall we restore the DB2 UDB 8.2 backup file into DB2 9.5 Express-C version or not ?

2. I was triyed the with db2 control center also. The same error is getting.

Please provide the solution for this one.

Regards,

Mohan Reddy.

Provided Answers: 5
    1) Yes you can, but it has to be an offline backup.

2) Look at the manual for the RESTORE command to get the correct syntax for the type of restore you are attempting.

Andy

I have the db2ckbkp command and the result is given below.

Z:\>
    Z:\>db2ckbkp C:\OFFLINE_BACKUP\DSECMDB\DSECMDB.0\DB2\NODE0000\C ATN0000\20080630\

[1] Buffers processed: #ERROR: Tablespace container list checksum error detecte
    d against tablespace SYSCATSPACE,PoolID 0
    ERROR: Tablespace container list checksum error detected against tablespace TEMPSPACE1,PoolID 1
    ERROR: Tablespace container list checksum error detected against tablespace USERSPACE1,PoolID 2
    ERROR: Tablespace container list checksum error detected against tablespace SYSTOOLSPACE,PoolID 3
    ERROR: Tablespace container list checksum error detected against tablespace SYSTOOLSTMPSPACE,PoolID 4
    ##############################################

Image Verification Complete - ERRORS DETECTED: 5

Provided Answers: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by goudelly1
    I have the db2ckbkp command and the result is given below.

Z:\>
    Z:\>db2ckbkp C:\OFFLINE_BACKUP\DSECMDB\DSECMDB.0\DB2\NODE0000\C ATN0000\20080630\

[1] Buffers processed: #ERROR: Tablespace container list checksum error detecte
    d against tablespace SYSCATSPACE,PoolID 0
    ERROR: Tablespace container list checksum error detected against tablespace TEMPSPACE1,PoolID 1
    ERROR: Tablespace container list checksum error detected against tablespace USERSPACE1,PoolID 2
    ERROR: Tablespace container list checksum error detected against tablespace SYSTOOLSPACE,PoolID 3
    ERROR: Tablespace container list checksum error detected against tablespace SYSTOOLSTMPSPACE,PoolID 4
    ##############################################

Image Verification Complete - ERRORS DETECTED: 5
    It looks like your backup image is corrupted. You need to do another offline backup.
    Andy