Unanswered: sql server 2000 guru,please, please help me out this problem.

I am trying to import one big table around 3m rows from access db to SQL Server 2000, but it gave me the error as belows:

Error at destination fro row number 2756760. errors encountered so far in this task:1.

The log file for database ‘du_repository_xx’ is full. Backup the transaction log for the database to free up some log space.

Could someone help me what caused the problem, and how to fix it, thanks!

San Antonio, TX
    If you are using a DTS package to import, - set your db to SIMPLE recovery mode, and specify the number of rows other than 0 to consider as a transaction in your package definition. The default tells the bulk insert operation to view the entire table as 1 transaction. This means that until the last row is written, - all the records are still sitting in the transaction log without being committed.
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired

Along the shores of Lake Michigan
    Is it possible that you can export the access database to a flat file and bcp the table in? It's quite possible it'll be a LOT faster. And if you can do as rdjabarov suggests and set the database to simple mode, you won't have to worry about logging (I don't exactly know what the impact of bcp has on logging). Switch it back to full mode when you're done.