Unanswered: question about db2 V9.5

hi all,
    i have a question about db2V9.5. if we are migrating(server&cient) from db2 V8.2 to V9.5 FP1(on AIX) , I heard that its enough to install the FP directly. There is no need to install the base code of V9.5 as the FP contains the basecode.
    is that true? can some one Please confirm?.

Thanks.

Provided Answers: 5
    I would think that that is a false assumption. FP1 for V9.5 is for just that V9.5. It should not be applied to V8.2. Install the GA for 9.5 then apply FP1 to that. Then migrate you DB to V 9.5.

Andy

I am not sure about V9.5, but in V9.1 (at least on Linux) the fixpack code is cummulative and there is no need to install the base code. I am not sure about AIX, HP/UX, and Solaris.

In DB2 version V8.2, only the Windows fixpacks were cummulative (could be installed instead of the base code).
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

I'm a bit surprised to read that installing a FixPak is "hard enough". You have to download and unpack it, then run "db2setup" and basically just click you through the wizard.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

U just download V95 fp1 and install through db2setup. After installation you can migrate the v8 instances directly to fp1. No need to install base of V9.5.

I agree with prasnaik.
    Also, the same is true for 9.5 with Fix Pack 2A.

Hi,

I have to do an installation for V9.5. Could you please let me know what software should I download from the IBMs website. Thanks a bunch

I would download DB2 V9.5 in that case - using the specific edition that you have licensed and is applicable for your requirements.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

Thanks very much Stolze, I was able to locate and ftp it to my server. It was the admin client I was looking for