Post Input/Output of business -

I'm currently taking database systems, and we have a project, to choose a small business company and make a reliable database for it. We haven't yet started building a database, but we have already chose a small business, and that is a Pet Shop. We have just made interview and start modeling.

Now, we are assign to submit the 'INPUT and OUTPUT' of the business. I don't know what the input and output of a business is. What is this guys?

Can you guys help me?

thanks..

Your tutor can answer that question much better than we can!

Personally I can only take wild stabs at the answer... which aren't going to help much!

Don't be afraid to ask your tutor these questions
    George
    Home | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by georgev
    Your tutor can answer that question much better than we can!

Personally I can only take wild stabs at the answer... which aren't going to help much!

Don't be afraid to ask your tutor these questions

Unfortunately, my tutor and i will not meet. We will meet next week at the time we will submit the INPUT/OUTPUT..

any suggestions guys...

Why is your tutor well and truly unreachable?
    What about your classmates?
    George
    Home | Blog

Yep - that is a specification issue (i.e. your tutor needs to explain what the heck they mean by that) not a database design issue. You can only design what you can explain. If you can't explain it then it cannot be designed.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

You could of course give the full context of your assignment. BTW - don't expect handouts. We'll give you a nudge but it is your homework to complete.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

hmm pet shop inputs and outputs
    food + animals is
    sh1t + animals out

in business terms Im guessing the inputs are purchases, the outputs are sales (unless its a government organisation where its waffle)

invoices can be broken down into stock (ie animals, food stuff that is sold on)
    stuff that is overhead (eg cost of rent, LA taxes, utilities etc)
    stuff that is variable (eg staff, taxes etc, cost of food to keep pets alive)
    stuff that could be exceptional items (eg vets bills, disposal costs of dead stock)
    sales should be what your customers have bought, but could also include things like spcial visits to advise on pest removal#it could lso include say cost of teaching and trainign or presntations to schools and the likebut ultiamtely its up to you to think what you believe are trhe inputs and outputs of the entity.. after all you will have to jsutify what you perceive as the defined inputs and outputs
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by healdem
    hmm pet shop inputs and outputs
    food + animals is
    sh1t + animals out

in business terms Im guessing the inputs are purchases, the outputs are sales (unless its a government organisation where its waffle)

invoices can be broken down into stock (ie animals, food stuff that is sold on)
    stuff that is overhead (eg cost of rent, LA taxes, utilities etc)
    stuff that is variable (eg staff, taxes etc, cost of food to keep pets alive)
    stuff that could be exceptional items (eg vets bills, disposal costs of dead stock)
    sales should be what your customers have bought, but could also include things like spcial visits to advise on pest removal#it could lso include say cost of teaching and trainign or presntations to schools and the likebut ultiamtely its up to you to think what you believe are trhe inputs and outputs of the entity.. after all you will have to jsutify what you perceive as the defined inputs and outputs
    Thanks for this..