Unanswered: A good tool to import MySQL data into MS SQL

I am trying to import data from a very large My SQL 3.1 db into MS SQL. I can find a ton of tools to move data from MS to MySQL but not other way around.

I have bought few and all sucks. They are either so slow, crash if the record type is wrong etc etc.

Jay

Provided Answers: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay
    I am trying to import data from a very large My SQL 3.1 db into MS SQL. I can find a ton of tools to move data from MS to MySQL but not other way around.

I have bought few and all sucks. They are either so slow, crash if the record type is wrong etc etc.

Jay
    dump your data into text files and use BULK INSERT or bcp (bulk copy program) built into SQL Server. It is fast, but as for data types being wrong, well that's why we use data types. We want to keep invalid data out of the records, right?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.