Thread: Newbie in CRM

Talking Newbie in CRM

Hi my name is Aditya..
    i'm a newbie in developing a CRM system, what kind of database should i use..
    i only know mysql and hsqldb a little bit of Sql server ...
    i don't know anything about CRM i've got some example program about CRM
    but i don't know the purpose of building CRM, what a user need and what kind of information that a CRM program should provide..

thanx a lot for your suggestion

Go with what you know - if you know mySQL - use that.
    Quote Originally Posted by adityawijanarko
    i'm a newbie in developing a CRM system
    Quote Originally Posted by adityawijanarko
    i don't know the purpose of building CRM, what a user need and what kind of information that a CRM program should provide..
    Now - if you don't know what one does, why do you want to build one?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Wink

i'm sorry that i didn't explained before, i've got this assignment from my boss to build a CRM on customer so i just figure it out myself what kind of data that they need but i need more suggestion about CRM

Google is your friend. Specifics we can help with, concepts that broad you need to figure out for yourself.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Have a wild guess at how long it will take you to produce a CRM system - you should also factor in the time you require to find out what a CRM system actually does.

Next do a simple costing i.e. your pay multiplied by the number of months you need to write this system.

Next do a quick search on the web to see how much CRM products actually cost and compare this with the cost of you writing it all from scratch.

Then, as an extra bit of incentive, look at the features these products offer (which might be useful to you) and then ask yourself honestly whether your home built product would offer the same.

Finally tell your boss to just buy one of the products you’ve looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite
    Have a wild guess at how long it will take you to produce a CRM system
    I was approached recently to give an estimate on timescales for re-writing a legacy system.

I told them it'd take 3 years and that the figure would be significantly reduced if they did the analysis and specification first before approaching me with such a question
    George
    Home | Blog

A good reply !

Must admit I find specifications a bit of a two edged sword though. They usually pick the most junior person on the team to write the spec (everyone else is doing real work). This person then writes out a document that describes the current system (no matter how much they hate it). Then they add a few bells and whistles to it to add any new features which are required. Users are then terrified of doing anything different to what's in the spec (even if they can see it's stupid). Finally when it comes to delivery, both sides will use the spec as a weapon i.e. developers saying that the login screen wasn't in the spec so they'll need more budget to supply it and the users saying where is that tripple hierarchy report that no one uses or understands.

It was one of these questions

Apparently you're not "allowed" to use the word Junior in a job title anymore because it's considered by some to be agist. However, there's nothing wrong with the word Senior!

Thus, when I started here, I was a Trainee, not a Junior (which I think sounds worse tbh!).
    George
    Home | Blog