Unanswered: Redirected Restore error

Hi All,
    I am performing a redirected restore in a multi partitioned environment, version v8.1.
    When I issue the redirect option in the restore command, the restore completes successfully.
    But, when I issue set table space containers after that, it gives me the following error:
    SQL1024N A database connection does not exist.

Any ideas on why this is happening or anyone encountered similar situation.

I would really appreciate your help.

Provided Answers: 1
    The SET CONTAINERS command does not require a database connection, so my guess would be that you have a syntax error. Since you chose not to share the details with us, I am afraid you'll have to find it yourself.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Redirect restore error

Hi,

U can drop the existing database and recretea the dummy database on the same name and on the same path after which u will redirect restore will run fine. I believe it will work

Redirected Restore error

Here are the commands that I am runningmulti partitioned on windows)
    For the catalog node:
    db2_all "<<+0< db2 restore db prod1 from C:\XXX taken at 20080713211652 into prod5_3 replace existing redirect without prompting"

This was successful with this message:
    rah: USER
    SQL1277N Restore has detected that one or more table space containers are
    inaccessible, or has set their state to 'storage must be defined'.
    DB20000I The RESTORE DATABASE command completed successfully.

When I set table space containers using this command, it gives me database connection error:
    db2 set tablespace containers for 0 using (path E:\DB2\NODE0000\prod5_3\SQLT0000.0')
    SQL1024N A database connection does not exist. SQLSTATE=08003

It worked fine for single partitioned environment.But its giving me this error for multipartitioned environment.

Any advice on how to fix this error would be helpful.

Hi,

whenever u face this error and u have to give the set tablespace command immediately after it without executing any of the other commands. I donot know the funda on this but thats how its working. And its also no gurantee that always it should work. I believe u would have followed that

Before restore a through scanning for space should be done on all partitions....

Provided Answers: 11
    I remember there was a setting to be done, to tell that the command should be directed to that specific partition, otherwise it would not know where this set ts statements should be executed
    set ....=0 to say which partition
    I will have to search for this setting, but I think there is one
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Do you know what this setting is for a multi partitioned environment.
    As I said, SET TABLESPACES worked fine for a single partitioned environment.

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by przytula_guy
    set ....=0 to say which partition
    Do you mean DB2NODE, maybe?

You could also use the db2_all script, as you did for the RESTORE command...
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.