Unanswered: How to Close the idle, pooled Connections for DB2

Dear All,

I have login with the db2inst1 user in aix server and run the command db2pd -agents

I have got the list of users connected to database. In that list there is a 'status' coloumn and it is showing the values 'active, idle, pooled'. So i want to close the 'idle, pooled' connetions to the database. Please tell me how to close the connections.

Thanks,

Mohan Reddy

why do you want to close pooled connections??? these connections are the ones which wait for a request and become active once a request for db activity comes in. So whenever you connect to your db one of these connections become active.

As for idle connections, Maybe someone can throw some light on how to close those.

So agents that are not active remain in pool and everytime instead of starting a new agent the agent from the pool is used. This reduces time to create a connection to db
    Last edited by nick.ncs; 07-15-08 at 07:51.

Hi,

Thanks for your replay. my concern is that the agnets are incresing more it will come to near the maxagents parameter figure. That is what other wise there is no specific reason.

Thanks a lot.

Mohan Reddy

UPDATE -
    According to Information center

Agents that are not performing work for any applications and that are waiting to be assigned are considered to be idle agents and reside in an agent pool. These agents are available for requests from coordinator agents operating for client programs or for subagents operating for existing coordinator agents. The number of available agents depends on the database manager configuration parameters maxagents and num_poolagents.
    So what is the difference between an agent which is in Idle state and an Agent which is in Pooled state
    Last edited by nick.ncs; 07-15-08 at 08:02.