Unanswered: print different signature with different

I have a database that need to print certification with signature. As the signature will be chanced. So we want to print the correct signature. For example, today we changed signature to John's, but yesterday is Amy. We want to keep the signature original, I have a report with signature image on it. If i print today, the report will show John's signature. But if i want to print yesterday. It will print Amy's signature. Is that easier way to do? I think use image link can solve this problem. But i would like to know your idea? As now when back to 1999. It will print old signature. Thanks in advance.

Provided Answers: 10
    Create a signature table, store a start date and the path to the signature image in this table.

You can then query the table based on the current date to find the image you should be using.
    SELECT file_path
    FROM   signatures
    WHERE  effective_date = (
            SELECT Max(effective_date)
            FROM   signatures
            WHERE  effective_date <= Now()
    Home | Blog

Madison, WI
    I had to do something similar but used this approach versus associating signatures with dates (I associated them with actual data records.):

1. I stored the signatures in a table called Signatures with an autonumber field (ie. SigID) and an ole object field (storing the actual signature in the ole object field.)

2. I added a field to my other main data table to store SigID, making it relational to the Signatures table. Thus, each data record had a SigID in it. In printing any reports, I linked the data table with the Signatures table (by SigID) and simply showed the ole Signature object on the report.

3. I also had a routine which populated a set of records (ie. today's records) with the proper SigID for that day.

The reason I did it this way was because signatures were not necessarily based on the date run but instead, a set of records. I just wanted to give you a different scenario even though it may not be applicable for what you're doing.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 07-17-08 at 00:57.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)