Unanswered: PDOX Error: Could not login on network

Hi,

I have a Novell 5.1 network which holds our Paradox 4.5 database in PDOXDATA folder, our PDOXUSR.NET file in PDOXNET folder and PDOX45 in our PDOX45 folder on the server. We are phasing out Novell and have been moving all of our database's (such as interbase which was on Linux) over to a Windows 2003 server.

We moved over the PDOXNET & PDOX45 files & folders from Novell to Windows, gave all users full rights to the directory and remapped the login scripts (using the same drive letters) to point from Novell to Windows. We haven't moved over the actual databases yet, those are still on Novell.

Well, everything looked great except when the users tries to access their DOS program it comes up with:
    PDOX Error
    Could not login on the network

On the Windows server I tried changing the type of network in nupdate.exe from 1-Novell to either 6-MS LAN Manager or 8-Other but neither worked. Users still get the same error message. If I remap the PDOXNET folder (which holds the PDOXUSR.NET file) back to Novell everything works good again.

The original Novell mapping was:
    map root H:=APPS:PDOXNET

New Windows Mapping is:
    objNet.MapNetworkDrive "H:", "\\TITAN\PDOXNET"
    (PDOXNET on Windows is setup as a Shared directory with users having full rights at this moment)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Robert

download 4xGuide from my web site.. complete instructions as to how to configure and deploy 4.x DOS.. it's no different on your new server, you just missed something basic, somewhere along the line..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too

Steven,

This worked great! What a great site you have. I followed your instructions, setting up the pdox45 under the C drive, and configuring nupdate & ccp. Once all that was done, my error went away.

Thanks so much, You ROCK! =)

Robert

thank you, Robert.. the efforts of many people went into that doc, over time..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too