Thread: Parameter Query

Unanswered: Parameter Query

I created a form with one field

cbossn

I told my query to call it up

[Forms]![frmUpSSN]![Cbossn]

When I run the query it gives me a parameter input box, [Forms]![frmUpSSN]![Cbossn] yikes

Now the form will call the query no problem. Do I point to the form in my menus to run the query?

- Thought: If I have the query call up the form, then I can reuse the form (Enter a SSN) for many queries. If I use the form to call the query, then I have to make a dialog (form) for each query.

Goal is to move away from default parameter input box.

peter

The query is looking for a value on the form. The inputbox comes up when it can't find one. If the form is not open, the query can not find the value it needs.

You can use a form in the way you want. You can use the same form and controls as criteria in any number of queries. You just need to ensure that the form is open when a query needs a value from it. It is also a good idea to verify that the control on the form that is needed actually contains a value and instruct access as to what to do if there is no value in the control.

Simple Query

Hi there, am new in here and need help!!

Can anyone please help me? Am not sure about the coding for this parameter query.

It says "display records for a ViolationCode field value that the user enters.If the user doesn't enter a field value,select and display all records"

Thanks in advance!!

What are you trying to do? I got this down to a fine art using popup to run a query. Do you want to be walked through it?

Peter
    We tend to look at Linear paths which can lead us to a path of resistance!