Page 145 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2237
    Quote Originally Posted by TallCowboy0614
    BTW...connect FOUR! yeee-haaawww!

(OK, I am easily impressed).
    I think that's the first one I've seen (I'm relatively new here) - so I guess congrats are in order?? I've seen others close but no cigar......
    Last edited by tosscrosby; 10-30-08 at 18:12.

There's only been half a dozen in this version of the Coral.

Congrats Paul, but you know for sure that come tomorrow AM the Flump will have made sure yours breaks one of the un-written rules!

Off for an early night, feel pretty rough.
    Night all!
    George
    Home | Blog

Yeah Geo...I figured I'd enjoy it while it lasts *L*

I guess everyone's been signing off early lately....wassup with that?

Nice Sean made it past the hatchet day.

Feel Better, Geo...I prescribe some whiskey and some cake, taken during a gymnastics routine.
    aka "Paul"
    Non est ei similis.

I just read "100 Things To Do Before You Die". I was surprised that "Yell for help!!" wasn't one of them

Quote Originally Posted by TallCowboy0614
    Feel Better, Geo...I prescribe some whiskey and some cake, taken during a gymnastics routine.
    0 for 3
    George
    Home | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by georgev
    There's only been half a dozen in this version of the Coral.

Congrats Paul, but you know for sure that come tomorrow AM the Flump will have made sure yours breaks one of the un-written rules!
    This version? Version III? Show them me it.

And no - I've reviewed the rules and that connect four (minor rubber) stands. For a minute I thought he was entitled to only 3/5ths points but I see he is no longer a fireman.

Congratulations Paul - I have you down as an early leader in this game. I don't even remember you scoring a single point in the last - the quiet ones are always the ones to be wary of.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

There's a 4 on here: http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.p...32631&page=140

But no doubt it's invalid because it was scored on a day with ending in a "y" or something
    George
    Home | Blog

Oh my gosh!

Diagonal, cross-page connect4!!

First post on this page: http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.p...32631&page=138
    4th post on this one: http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.p...32631&page=141

Now, that's gotta be some kind of uber 4, right?!
    George
    Home | Blog

Poots, what mobile phone do yous got? I might be sorting my upgrade out this weekend and want to make sure I've considered all the options.

Tocco is currently top of the list, but only after a full test of texting with a touchscreen...
    George
    Home | Blog

Where the smeg is everyone today?!

I just had the best support call logged to me, here's the original email text
    Trying to access info on site list.
    selecitng site from drop-down menu and click box to show docs in that file but not selecting
    hmmm... that's what I thought was happening too.
    George
    Home | Blog

Where the smeg is everyone today?!
    I am neck deep in it for a friday. I need to pull off a 5 touchdown game today. Still no answer as to why we are suddenly rebooting the cluster once a week. i think my coworkers are determined to do everything in an arse backwards way with regards to sql.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Happy Halloween everyone! any scary costumes around? I almost had a heart attack this morning. I came to work early today (6am) it was still dark and when I walked into the office it was still not fully lit. I thought I was the only one in office (most people start at 7:30) that's when out of nowhere this coworker of mine showed up with a freakin' scary Joker mask (same makeup mask from the movie The Dark Knight). I managed not show any reaction from the outside (that's what he said) but I felt like my heart skipped some beats .. I hate it when that happens. Men should not be scared of anything .. anyhow .. happy Halloween

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasymachus
    i think my coworkers are determined to do everything in an arse backwards way with regards to sql.
    You love it really.
    Wouldn't have it any other way
    George
    Home | Blog

It may be halloween in your office, but it is "Wear it Pink Day" for cancer research here; oooh, scary!
    George
    Home | Blog

I've seen ERDs that look like passing zone markers on a two-lane road.
    I've seen nested cursors embedded in triggers.
    I've seen floating point surrogate keys.

Nothing scares me anymore.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

You love it really.
    Wouldn't have it any other way
    I really got a whole lot of nothing back in the email from the manager guy. The DBA guy had noticed the boxes were not being rebooted on a regular schedule. No one has answered the question as to why the boxes need to be rebooted in the first place.

once a week or so I say "the emperor wears no clothes" and everyone just shrugs their shoulders and continues doing what they are doing. It is this whole culture of mediocrity that is just at a toxic level here. Which is fine by me in a certain way because I can afford to be mediocre sometimes. I very rarely miss the times when I had to be extraordinary every day. I am too old, tired and sick to deal with that these days.
    Last edited by Thrasymachus; 10-31-08 at 12:00.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.