Thread: Insert Failed

Unanswered: Insert Failed

Hi all I'm having a problem with INSERTS, I have two Indexed Views and from time to time I need to insert data from one view to the other, the problem is when I do that I get this error message.

"INSERT failed becasue the follwoing SET options have incorrect settings: 'ARITHABORT', Verify that SET options are correct for use with indexed views and/or indexes on computed columns and/or query notifications and/or xml data type methods. "

I am sure there is something I definetly over looking, I'll check BOL also

thank you

Provided Answers: 11
    There are all sorts of restrictions on Indexed Views. Mainly these are restrictions govern whether the index on the view is used at all. There are a number of SET requirements for creating and using Indexed views listed some way down in this article:

ms-help://MS.SQLCC.v9/MS.SQLSVR.v9.en/udb9/html/f86dd29f-52dd-44a9-91ac-1eb305c1ca8d.htm

Look for the section labeled "Requirements for the CREATE INDEX Statement". In general, you need these set not only when you create the index, but when you try to use it.

Wink

oK problem solved I knew it was something stupid that I overlooked

thank you Mcrowley

Now to remember to never do it again

C'mon, Des....let us in on the fun! What was the stupid thing ya done? C'mon!!! Common decency (and state law) require that you let us laugh along at...errrr...WITH you.
    aka "Paul"
    Non est ei similis.

I just read "100 Things To Do Before You Die". I was surprised that "Yell for help!!" wasn't one of them

Quote Originally Posted by TallCowboy0614
    C'mon, Des....let us in on the fun! What was the stupid thing ya done? C'mon!!! Common decency (and state law) require that you let us laugh along at...errrr...WITH you.

LOL
    Oh umm you don't want to hear that long complex story do ya??

OH LOOK AT THE TIME?
    WELL GOTTA GO
    Last edited by desireemm; 04-15-09 at 17:23.