Click Here to View The Full List of ALL My Open Tech Positions
.NET Engineer, New Product Development (95-100K)
Our client is the leading provider of campaign software and technology services to political campaigns, including the top 2008 Presidential candidates, about two thirds of members of congress, and many other campaigns and political organizations. They are committed to helping their clients win with innovative technologies and strategies, and strive to develop rewarding careers for our staff. They are located in downtown Washington, DC.
* You will have the opportunity to be on a green field project build the next generation of the company's product suite and new products!
* You will use some of the latest technologies and methodologies ranging from .NET 3.5, AJAX, OR/M tools, TFS and an agile development lifecycle.
* This is a dynamic creative environment with a start-up feel (very very relaxed ping pong table foosball gear) but with a very successful and stable business and product set.
* Work with a company that has been a pioneer in it's industry and has had a major impact on current events in the campaign management space!
* Candidate will have the opportunity to work very closely with one of the areas most talented architects/engineers in a mentor-mentee-partner relationship. The Director of Engineering has built products for leading web based companies and top global firms.
* Free medical coverage for the individual.
At least 3 years experience in hands-on software development using Microsoft web platforms and technologies such as ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, HTML, Visual Studio and SQL Server. Highly talented with excellent communication skills. Preferably software product firm experience.
* Are you a software engineering enthusiast with a passion for producing simple, readable and elegant code?
* Love working with cutting edge technology and tools?
* Have excellent communication skills?
* Collaborative team player?
* Do you think you can work well in a fast-paced, politically progressive, software product development environment?
As a Mid-level Developer, you will participate through all phases of a software product development lifecycle.
You will possess strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and the ability to effectively be a team player and collaborate with other developers and superiors.
*Participate in all phases of the lifecycle of software application development with an emphasis on design, implementation, unit testing and code reviews
*Contribute to the overall development of the product with a focus on easy to read, maintainable and robust code
*Design and code to create simple, elegant and re-usable software systems
*Work closely with other developers and technical lead
*At least 3+ years experience in hands-on software development using Microsoft web platforms and technologies such as ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, HTML, Visual Studio and SQL Server
*Demonstrated experience in problem solving, debugging and creative coding solutions
*Able to work in an agile time-critical environment and be able to multi-task when necessary
*Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
*Deep understanding of object oriented programming methodologies
*Experience with large scale database design and development on the Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005 platforms including normalization techniques and writing stored procedures and other T-SQL code
*Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to collaborate in a team environment
*BS in Computer Science or Engineering, MIS or equivalent preferred; Masters Degree a plus
*Basic understanding of standard software development methodologies such as Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile Development, XP, Scrum, or the like
*Experience with development toolsets, including the MS Office suite, Team Foundation Server, Sharepoint, Visio, MS Project, and Visual Studio Team System