Unanswered: Unable to start DB2

Hi all,

I logoned on as Administrator and updated the SYSADM_GROUP. Stopped DB2 but when i try to start DB2 again i get the following error message:

SQL1397N The DB2 service failed to logon
    SQL1032N No start database manager command was issued. SQLSTATE=57019

Now I'm unable to connect to any databases.

Please help. Thanks

Let me guess... you are running on Windows? And maybe you also have a DB2 version that's currently supported?

Have a look at the Windows Services. There should be a few services for DB2. Make sure that the users under whose authority those services are run have the necessary privileges (SYSADM) and that the passwords specified for those services are correct.

If I have to run DB2 on Windows, I usually change the authorization for those services to "Local system" (or something like that). But be aware of the security implications!
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

Yes i'm running DB2 on windows and yes it's supported so you're 2 for 2 on that. The weird thing is that I performed the same tasks last week and i was working fine. How do i check the Windows services (sorry newbie with DB2 and Windows). Thanks

Somewhere in Control Center you can find under "Administrative Tasks" a tool to have a look at all services defined in the system. (Sorry, I don't remember the exact names.)
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

in RUN u can give services.msc
    here u will find number of db2 services. The important one of these is
    db2 -db2 -0. right click this service and in properties of this, there is a logon tab. here u will find the information u need to make changes too.

For ur knowledge, also check the dependencies in the propeties of a particular sevice. if any dependency exist for a particular service, then plz make changes\restart the dependent service also.