Database design issue

I have been given a senario on a swimming meet. The scenarion is:

You'll have one or more meets, each of which will have a given place and time associated with it.

A meet will have one or more events (e.g., 50 m freestyle, 4x100 freestyle relay, etc.).

An event will have one or more heats.

A heat will have zero or more individuals entered.

Each individual will have a time associated with their heat.

You'll have rules to design how to seed people and determine winners (usually "fastest is best").

Somehow i have to turn this into a database but i have no idea where to start. This is for a java program and i have some sql knowledge but i really am no good at designing the database so that everything links with each other through the appropiate primary keys etc.
    Any help would be great

there are three scenarios for how you ended up being given your scenario

either your brother-in-law is the general manager of the swimming association and he promised his wife he'd let her brother build the web site

or you've just been promoted from the print room to the web development team at your company, and they're giving you your first database project to see how you do and what you know

or this is a homework assignment and you're looking for help in getting started, and maybe some guidance to help you get a good mark

which of the above scenarios is it, and make sure you answer honestly, okay?
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Close. I am actually a student studying java, and this girl i fancy has asked me to help her with her java coursework, but it also involves JDBC which i have not studied yet. I have done some basic sql but never had to design the database. As i say, i am a java student not db student. Who knows, if you give me some advise, you could be participating in the start of a beautiful relationship (with the girl, not you, lol) and helping a fellow bloke get laid.

This is what i have done, dont know if it is ok though
    Meet(meetID, place, time)
    Event(eventID, meetID, description)
    Heat(heatID, eventID, description, when)
    Individual(individualID, name)
    HeatIndividual(heatID, individualID, score)

that's an excellent start

give that to her, and good luck
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL