Unanswered: Filtering Subtable in a form?

I have a form with a subtable. In the subtable I have a PlayerID field that is a combobox linked to a [tblPlayers] but it has gotten to the point where I have such a long list of players that it takes me forever to locate it quickly in the combo box. What I am hoping to do is filter this combobox based on a date entered in the form above. Each player has a graduated field associated with it so I was hoping that the filter would work something like... When the GameDate is entered, the combo box in my subtable would show only players who had not already graduated, based on the year of the game compared to their graduation year(class).

tblPlayers
    Player ID (PK)
    Name
    Class of <-- this is the condition I want to base filter on

tblGames
    GameID(PK)
    GameDate <-- this is the field I want to base my filter on
    Game info Below

tbleStats
    PlayerID (FK) combo box <-- this is the field I would like to limit
    Stat fields below

Hope this is possible and made sense... Thanks

I don't think you have to do anything. Combo boxes have a certain amount of clairvoyance. If you start typing in the first letters of the player's name or first numbers of the player number, the combo box will jump to the first entry in the row source that meets the criteria in the text of the combo box.

Or am I missing something?

Sam

Create a query with the player info and grad date. Set the grad date criteria < the date on the form. Use that query as the source for your combo box.