Unanswered: Growing forms for printing

Hi, other than setting the properties of a form to can grow, does anyone know any other way of making a form expand so that all the data can be printed from a form?

I've tried setting the can grow properties and even set all the individual text fields to no avail. I'm using Access 2003.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Provided Answers: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by tasha123
    I've tried setting the can grow properties and even set all the individual text fields to no avail.
    What do you mean by "to no avail?" Have you actually tried printing the form? Results of the CanGrow/CanShrink Properties can only be seen on the printed hard copy. You'll never see any difference when viewing the form. I only say this because many people are confused as to what these properties actually do.

And to save someone else the trouble of posting, I'll go ahead and say that you shouldn't be printing forms to begin with, but rather using a report, even if you simply save the form as a report.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Yes I have tried to print and it doesn't work.

I'm with Missinglinq - you should be making the form a report and then printing the report. Is there any reason you can't do this and then just put a button on the form to have it bring up the report (either using criteria in the parameter of the openreport command - docmd.openreport "ReportName",acviewpreview,, "[ID] = Forms!MyFormName!ID" or using criteria in the recordsource query for the report? This would be the ideal way to go versus trying to print the form.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

The form is actually being printed as a screenshot and is actually a pivot table. This has worked so far. The problem now is that one of the queries brings up a lot of data, such that you have to scroll down to see all the information - which is fine. The problem arises when it comes to printing as the print acSelection action only prints what is being displayed. The reason we're trying to avoid the report thing is that there are loads of forms and this works ok except for a few results which come out with a lot of rows. Can anyone think of a workaround?

Provided Answers: 59
    yeah
    write a report
    or press a button which displays only the selected record this could be either a filter or a subform, or a standalone form
    but if you are printing the clue is in the name.. use a report
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton