Hi, everyone, I'm new in Oracle and I'm currently doing some study about table and index defragmentation and currently having a trouble in calculating the disk space amount required to do table defragmentation (move, shrinking, etc.) and index defragmentation (rebuilding, shrinking, and coalescing).
I need to confirm several things :
- table move : needs twice the size of the original table
- table shrinking : doesn't need additional space
- index rebuilding : needs the twice the size of original index + sort space (from SORT_AREA_SIZE parameter)
- Shrinking : needs space for free space deallocation (just exactly how much is it)
- Coalescing : needs no additional space
Is the things I mention, true ? If there's any mistake or things to be added, I'll be very grateful.