Unanswered: Event monitor start_time and stop_time is 0000-00-00-00.00.00.000000 why?

Hi,
    event monitor on DB2 v8.2 fp11 on Linux was working very well till yesterday.
    But today I have executed the following SQL:

db2 select distinct start_time from myuser.EVENT_MONITOR_SQLe) from db2inst1.EVENT_MONITOR_SQL

Result:
    0000-00-00-00.00.00.000000

I can see there are more then 10,000 rows in table but all have start_time and stop_time equal to zero. And I see event monitor is working, because number of rows in above table is increasing.

Event monitor is useless without this two info. How can I make event monitor to collect start_time and stop_time?

P.S. All other data in above table are collected correctly.

Regards,
    Grofaty

Grofaty, Timestamp information is collected only if the timestamp monitor is set to ON ... The timestamp monitor can be set by default to ON by updating the dbm cfg parameter dft_mon_timestamp to ON. Or, you can do at a instance attachment time by using 'update monitor switches using timestamp on' ...

If dft_mon_timestamp is OFF, make sure you use the update monitor swithes command before activating the event monitor ...

HTH

Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Hi,
    dbm cfg parameter DFT_MON_TIMESTAMP is set to ON and was on for very long time - no dbm cfg parameter changed for some months now.

I have tried the following:
    - I stopped the instance and started again: problem remains
    - I dropped event monitor and created it again: problem remains

Any idea what is wrong? How to get monitoring of timestamp again?
    Regards,
    Grofaty

Hi,
    I have backuped database from production and restore it to test computer. And on test computer event_monitor collects timestamp without any change of parameters. Event monitor is created with autostart option so it is logical to autostart on test computer.

Both computer have the same version of database v8.2 fp11 and both have the same edition DB2 ESE.
    Any idea where to look into problem?
    Thanks,
    Grofaty

Hi,
    it looks like a bug in v8:
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg1JR20312

Dbm cfg DFT_MON_TIMESTAMP should take affect on the fly, but it didn't. So it looks like one of DBA has changed parameter few months ago, but didn't restart instance.

So today I have stopped and started the instance:
    db2stop force
    db2start

Thanks problem solved,
    Grofaty