Unanswered: need help with database please

hi, someone developed shopping site for me in ASP and i downloaded all of files and database then installed on my compuer.

My next step is to change database user name and password to make connection, I hardly could not remember what to change or remove becuase is been while that i have not use asp.

I use MS sql server 2005 and the databse name is shopmepals and I'm not sure what is user name and password is and i could not remember where to look for that from MS sql server 2005.

Please see copy of code, I would appreication if someone can tell me where to change or you can rewrite the simeple code for me to connect from computer not from server and tell me where do i can fine user name and password from ms sql server 2005 PLEASE thanks.

Code:
    Dim dbc
    Dim strConn
    Dim strpath
    Dim conn

session.timeout=60   ''''' in minutes
    sub openConn()
    	strConn ="Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=Alidad_Shopme;PWD=;Initial Catalog=Alidad_shopme;"
    	set dbc = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    	dbc.ConnectionTimeout=60	
    	dbc.open strConn
    end sub

use connectionstrings.com

Provided Answers: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Alidad
    I use MS sql server 2005 and the databse name is shopmepals and I'm not sure what is user name and password is and i could not remember where to look for that from MS sql server 2005.
    do you have a DBA that you could ask? maybe you are using wondows authentication and you bdo not need one.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

From this line of code it says that the userid is 'Alidad_Shopme'
    strConn ="Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=Alidad_Shopme;PWD=;Initial Catalog=Alidad_shopme;"
    If you remember the password write it after PWD=<password>, if you dont then go to management studio and change the password for that user and then enter the same above.

or simply create a new user and use that user name /password.
    to create user, open management studio new query and run this
    Code:
    sp_addlogin 'newuser', 'pwd@1234', 'shopmepals'
    and try with this

strConn ="Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=newuser;PWD=pwd@1234;Initial Catalog=shopmepals;"