Excellent opportunity for a Senior DBA who can direct the effort to use Open Source systems for enterprise applications. In this position you will provide direction for database technology, perform database administration for enterprise databases, and use your knowledge and experience to facilitate the migration to Open Sources systems. You will support development, test and production database environments to ensure high availability, reliability, appropriate capacity, scalability, backup, recoverability, performance, and 24x7 operation.
- Minimum 5 years DBA experience with PostgreSQL and/or Oracle, and 2+ years as a DBA for large enterprise systems (+1 TB).
- Strong physical database design experience.
- Solid background using UNIX/Linux operating systems.
- Expertise in configuring, implementing and supporting high availability strategies with database systems including clustering, and replication.
- Strong SQL (ANSI, PL/SQL) programming skills.
- Experience in software development using Perl, shell, or other scripting languages.
- Ability to perform capacity planning which supports the forecasting and purchasing processes.
- Ability to implement Database security safeguards and audit them.
- Ability to work in a high availability production environment where unplanned downtime is not acceptable.
- Ability to communicate ideas and designs to all stakeholders, including non-technical audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Location: Portland, OR
Type: Direct Hire/Fulltime
Target Start Date: ASAP / 2 weeks notice
Compensation: Salary (BOE), plus excellent benefits package (PTO, 100% employer paid med/dent/vis/RX/life, retirement plan, educational allowance, relocation assistance, great facilities)
Founded in 1985 and based in Lake Oswego, OR, we work with a number of large, medium, and small companies by supporting their need for software solutions and qualified technical professionals. We partner with our clients and consultants to make sure each engagement is mutually beneficial. We offer all of our consultants competitive compensation, medical, dental, 401k, and PTO.