Unanswered: Problem DB2 9.5 connection to Iseries

Hi all,

I am new to DB2.
    I want to configure replication between DB2 9.5-C Express and DB2 Iseries V5R2. I am maintaining a small database(around 50 tables) on local DB2 9.5. I want to keep exactly the same copy on Iseries V5R2. According to my understand of DB2 I though replication could be an option.
    But when I try to connect from DB2 9.5 to Iseries I get following error.

CLI connection failed.
    SQL8002N An attempt to connect to a host failed due to a missing DB2 Connect product or invalid license. SQLSTATE=42968

db2licm -1 displays following information
    Product name: "DB2 Express-C"
    License Type: "Unwarranted"
    Expiry date: "Permanent"
    Product identifier: db2exp"
    Version information : "9.5"
    Max number of CPUs: "2"

I am not sure if I can connect at all to Iseries V5R2 from DB2 9.5-C. Or even doing a replication is an a better choice.

I would request db2 gurus to help me out.

Thank

Provided Answers: 11
    you need db2 connect for this connection
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Thanks for reply.

I have now db2 connect unlimited edition 8.1.10 tril installed. Still I am having the same problem.

Do I need a licensed version of db2 connect to do connectivity? Is there any way I can test replication without db2 connect license license?

Provided Answers: 11
    first define the connections and test
    catalog tcpip node...
    catalog db at node...
    connect to db and this should work..
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be