Unanswered: dbccdb log segment error

Hi Guys,

I am a back up dba ( app developer posing as a DBA very risky :-) ) and filling in for 3 weeks as we hire a new contractor. I am new to sybase and am not sure what the implications are of the following error in the sybase data server log. Can you please help on how I can resolve this.

00:00000:00262:2008/08/30 21:22:19.69 server Space available in the log segment has fallen critically low in database 'dbccdb'. All future modifica
    tions to this database will be suspended until the log is successfully dumped and space becomes available.
    00:00000:00656:2008/08/30 21:22:24.24 server background task message: LAST CHANCE THRESHOLDACTION - LOG DUMP: .logsegment. for .dbccdb. dumped

To me it loooks as if the transacrtion log of dbcc became full and then a threshold set for dbcc dumped the trasaction log. Am I correct?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Atap

sp_thresholdaction kicked anddumped tran log, so no prob

Thamks laki.

Is there a sp_thresholdaction for each databse or is there one for each sybase instance. Is this proc in master ? Cheers, Atap

The sp_thresholdaction proc is available in the sybsystemprocs, and then you simply add it to whatever database depending on the need. however you can create a Stored Proc with any name and use this with sp_addthreshold ....

suda