Unanswered: pictures in access form

i aqm trying to add pictures in my form showing members.
    in the past i have used an ole object and embedded into the members data row and it worked fine but now i get a message to "ole object failed.may not be registered.reinstall it"
    i am using access2003 whats changed? and how do i fix it
    thanks dennis

Provided Answers: 59
    sounds like a installation problem.. something has nuked the settings.

mnd you I wouldn't store pictures in tables, I'd store the path to the image and dump the image in a image/picture control when you view that row.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thanks I Knew There Would Be A Better Way
    Problem Though,can You Help Me With A Step By Step Process To Achieve What You Suggest I Am Still Struggling But Learning Fast Just How Good Access Is
    Many Thanks ,dennis

Provided Answers: 59
    store the URL to the image in the db
    eg //computername/path/to/image.extension
    put an image or picture cntrol in the form
    if you wish set the data binding to be the colun in the table
    OR
    put some code in the forms on current event that checks if there is a filename in the column and sets the image/picture control as required. if there is no image there put an 'image not found' image in place. you can extend this by testing if the file exists and if not again put 'image not found' image in place.

it may be smarter to put that code into a function and call it from the on current event, and on change or lost focus events for the control.

for now I'd keep things simple and 'just' bind the image/picture control to the columns (field) containing the URL, and bear in mind htat there is another way of doing things. it depends on your familiarity with VBA (coding) and your wish to take on new things
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton