Thread: Report issue

Unanswered: Report issue

I am starting to design the reports that I need for my DB (since I've temporarily given up on the query -> pivot table / chart issue) but after resizing my report with page borders of 0.25" all around, it's still giving me errors of "page width etc, etc" and inserting a blank page after the first page of each report.

For instance:

Page 1 has Individual's Personal Information
    Page 2 BLANK
    Page 3 has Individual's State ID Information
    Page 4 BLANK
    Page 5 has Individual's Travel Inside the U.S. Information
    Page 6 BLANK

How can I get rid of the blank pages and the error message?

Your report is still too wide for the paper/printer you are using. Does the issue go away when you switch to landscape?
    RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP, ac07, ac10 - WinXP Pro, Win7 Pro
    Please reply to this forum so all may learn.

Quote Originally Posted by RuralGuy
    Your report is still too wide for the paper/printer you are using. Does the issue go away when you switch to landscape?
    Haven't tried that, the landscape view.

I've printed the report and it fits in on the paper without cutting anything off. HP printers are OK with 0.25" margins all the way around. I did it on another DB and it worked fine printing to HP, Xerox, and Canon printers.

This is the first time using page breaks though...

**EDIT**

I did switch it to landscape just now and it works without the error. I wonder if it's cause the computer I'm using doesn't have a printer installed on it due to the network people not configuring the network right and when I try to do the DB on the networked machine, I get so many errors its ridiculous.

Fixed it. One of the subreports that I had were outside the page width.

Excellent! Thanks for posting back with your success.
    RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP, ac07, ac10 - WinXP Pro, Win7 Pro
    Please reply to this forum so all may learn.

Quote Originally Posted by RuralGuy
    Excellent! Thanks for posting back with your success.
    No worries. I'm now trying to figure out how to make the print command button ONLY print the current record with all information on that single report! This should be fun!!

Figured that out too! Had to add a "Record Source" SELECT query in the reports properties and it worked just to print the same record that was on the screen then saved it, and kicked the user back to the main menu.

Keep in mind you can also utilize the "WhereCondition" parameter when opening a report to have it show only the current record on the form....

DoCmd.OpenReport "MyReportName", acViewPreview, , "[IDField] = " & Forms!MyFormName!MyIDField & ""

(Note: IDField also needs to be on the report somewhere.)

or (if you want to close the form)...
    Dim IDx as variant
    IDx = Forms!MyFormName!MyIDField (or IDx = me!MyIDField)
    Docmd.Close acform, "MyFormName"
    DoCmd.OpenReport "MyReportName", acViewPreview, , "[IDField] = " & IDx & ""
    Last edited by pkstormy; 09-02-08 at 20:41.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)