Unanswered: Thinking in Paradox - Using Access!?

My first post, so please be gentle.

I'm a non-geek (OK semi-geek at best) and employed as a commodity manager where my work environment uses MS Access. At times I'm forced to use this horrible product of the anti-Christ and often find myself having to think in Paradox in order to accomplish anything in Access. It's sort of like trying to learn a foreign language at 49; it sucks if you are not a language person.

So long winded intro to my basic dilemma.

Is there a site or reference that would help me? Something like the lines of an English (Paradox) to Latin (Access) dictionary?

Specifically right now I'm struggling with a simple query in Access.
    I have records in two tables "A" and "B". I want all records from both tables into one table, even if they having nothing in common.
    In Paradox I can do it, in Access I just scratch my head....

I'll be gentle, as requested, but this is silly.. you know how to do it in Paradox, and don't know how to do it in Access.. don't you think it would make more sense to ask the Access users in the Access forum? (g)
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too

Maybe so for this case, but the overall issue of having to use "both" is there a reference that Paradox users use?
    Or a way to think about approaching access if you are a paradox user?
    I sort of think the paradox folks would be the experts in that regard?

actually, I know of very few long-term paradox folk that bother with access at all, except on a VERY casual basis, and do not know of any cross-reference docs that might exist..

honestly, your best bet is an access forum.. start with the one here.. good luck..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Green
    I know of very few long-term paradox folk that bother with access at all.....
    Well that makes a ton of sense and I guess that's why a cross reference does not exist. Who would bother!?

Unfortunately trapped in a business world that's built upon MS backbone I'll have to walk a duel line. I run Paradox 9, hopefully once we move from XP to whatever I'll still be able to run some version of Paradox. For the record 5 was my favorite, I'll now crawl over to the Access forum to post my question.....

Thanks!

Provided Answers: 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Stregachess
    I have records in two tables "A" and "B". I want all records from both tables into one table, even if they having nothing in common.
    Can you provide the structure of both tables, and clarify what output you would like please?

And Access aint all bad - it's fit for purpose, it's just not what you're used to! It's fairly intuitive once you get going, so just give it a chance
    George
    Home | Blog