Unanswered: Server Virtualization

Hey Folks - We need your help. We were hoping, we could gain from your experience with implementing server virtualization. When should we be using Red Hat Virtualization, Citrix Virtualization, Xen Virtualization, Microsoft Virtualization, Oracle Virtualization and VMWare. I will be very interested in learning from your first hand experience. I will also like to know, under what situations is one virtualization preferred over the other. - Thanks for your help

Desk, slightly south of keyboard

I can't tell you how *you* should use virtualisation, but I can say this....

I run Oracle 8,9 and 10 (in numerous VMs) under VmWare, for me it is mainly about portability. I copy a single file and I have a fully working 'computer' wherever I go.

Different people will want different things from virtualisation but nowadays, I won't install anything onto a computer itself, only into a VM. Recently I'm starting to find my customers are doing the same.

Please don't email me directly with questions. I've probably just got home from the pub and cannot guarantee the sanity of my answers. In fact, I can't believe I actually made it home.