Unanswered: Severe Error sqlerReturnFmpToPool, marking fmp as unstable

Hi,
    I have Db2 9.5 workgroup running on Win 2003. My database periodically returns errors like "Server was unable to process Request" and "UserID Disabled or Restricted, Reason 19, Sql30082N".

Looking through Db2Diags, I find that I get a Severe Error:
    2008-09-05-12.36.47.425000+330 I44365H2411 LEVEL: Severe
    PID : 11800 TID : 10756 PROC : db2syscs.exe
    INSTANCE: DB2 NODE : 000 DB : TOOLSDB
    APPHDL : 0-62019 APPID: *LOCAL.DB2.080905070657
    AUTHID : DB2ADMIN
    EDUID : 10756 EDUNAME: db2agent (TOOLSDB)
    FUNCTION: DB2 UDB, routine_infrastructure, sqlerReturnFmpToPool, probe:902
    DATA #1 : Hexdump, 416 bytes

This is followed by the Dump.

Anyone knows whats happening here? Any help is greatly appreciated, this problem is causing a lot of hair-loss :-)

TIA

An "fmp" is a "fenced mode process". It is used to execute UDFs, Stored Procedures, and federated wrappers in a separate process to make sure that a bug in that code (which is user-supplied) can bring down the DB2 engine.

Something in the code that was executed in the FMP was not good and DB2 marked the FMP as unstable, meaning that it doesn't seem to be a great idea to reuse this process later on. Thus, DB2 will throw away the process instead of putting it into the FMP pool, which is used to avoid excessive process instantiations.

Now, your message "UserID Disabled or Restricted" is not typically related to that. You should figure out which user id is the problem (maybe setting DIAGLEVEL to 4 will help you with that) and then fix this user-id.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development