Unanswered: All the sudden..

Ok, so the attached DB was working fine on another computer that I'm building it on. I DID NOT change anything but now I'm getting an error when you try to print the report of not being able to find InvType. But MS Access, in all its infinite wisdom will not let me look at where the error is occurring. The funny thing, it DOES print the report with ALL the correct information.

Can anyone help me out here? Figure out where it is? What's wrong?

Just open the DB. Then double click the "frmIndividual" and click the "Print" button at the bottom. It'll open in Preview form and then if you select to actually PRINT the report, it'll give you the error.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get it OUT of going into the preview mode and when the user clicks "print" it'll print and save the current record and all contents, close the form, and return the user to the main menu.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You are closing the form that contains the value you need after you run the preview. The form needs to be open for the report to work correctly. You can make it invisible if it is getting in the way visually.
    RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP, ac07, ac10 - WinXP Pro, Win7 Pro
    Please reply to this forum so all may learn.

Quote Originally Posted by RuralGuy
    You are closing the form that contains the value you need after you run the preview. The form needs to be open for the report to work correctly. You can make it invisible if it is getting in the way visually.

That's the funny thing. It worked and then all I did was copy it to a USB drive and open it on another computer and it started to happen. I didn't change ANYTHING on the db. Since I know the computer I tried it on has issues, I went back to the build-computer and tried it again on there. Then BOTH, the one on the USB drive AND the original on my desktop, started to give the error.

Just open the report with a WindowMode of acDialog and the error should go away.
    DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , "[IndID] = " & IID , acDialog
    RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP, ac07, ac10 - WinXP Pro, Win7 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RuralGuy
    Just open the report with a WindowMode of acDialog and the error should go away.
    DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , "[IndID] = " & IID , acDialog
    Well, I found an older one that I had before this started to happen so I just used that and recreated everything that I did since. Oh well, learn the hard way I guess. ((I've re-developed this db like 4 times already))

You *always* do it better "the next time"!