Unanswered: Extensions to be used for pl sql packages and other programs

Hi all
    Can anyone tell me that what should be the extension for the source code files that contain
    1. package specification
    2. package body
    3. trigger body
    4. procedure
    individually.
    During development of this code, we are using PL SQL developer. It provides the extension 1. package specification-.spc
    2. package body-.bdy
    3. trigger body-.trg
    4. procedure-.prc
    I doubt that it is good practice to keep the same extensions while deploying the code at the cient side. Please suggest.

Provided Answers: 1
    There is no one "correct" answer to this, you can call them what you like. Why do you think the ones you have are bad practice?

Hi
    I doubt that the client side deployment may not happen properly if I keep the extensions specific to PL SQL developer and in the case, PL SQL developer is not installed at the client side. I need an advice on the same.
    Thanks

Provided Answers: 1
    What do you mean by "the client side". Packages etc. are installed in the server, not on the client machine(s).

If you mean a customer's database, then you will provide them with all the necessary scripts with whatever extensions you choose and either instructions for running them or more likely a master script something like this:

-- my_install_script.sql --
    @@packages/my_package1.spc
    @@packages/my_package1.bdy
    @@packages/my_package2.spc
    @@packages/my_package2.bdy
    ...etc.

They will then run this in SQL Plus e.g.:

sqlplus user/pw my_install_script.sql

There is no reason why your customers will care what file extensions you use.