Question Unanswered: Access Crashes when adding new objects on form

Hi there
    I have a problem with a database, that we've been developing for about 10 years, starting in Access 2000. It's not huge, about 10 MB in size, and I start to have more and more problems that when I add an object to a form or report, the access crashes when I attempt to save the form/report. If I retry the same thing, it crashes again. Sometimes if I hit save after every move I do, it works and I can add an object.

Question: How could such a thing be repaired? (I've already created a new database and imported all objects into it, the behavior stays the same)

Or: Is there some software out there, that would "read" the old database, and freshly create each form and each object in each form with the same properties in a new database?

Thanks for help

Provided Answers: 59
    sounds likea corruption.. but if you've imported all the objects into another DB then it maynoit be that

have you tried a compact and repair on a copy

does the project compile....
    open the project, open a form or report in desing mode, switch to the code window and try a comple, it may be that you have a code compilation error which is causing grief

is it possible you've blown one of the inherent limitations in Access
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Try opening the mdb file using the /decompile option. Delete and re-import the form/report (or module) that's causing problems and "immediately" debug-compile after importing the form. It could be (if you happen to have 2 versions of MSAccess or did an upgrade), a problem with a certain dll that causes the form/report/module to become corrupt if you write any code before debug-compiling after importing from one mdb into another mdb (regardless of version). Best option is to re-import from a known good source and just always remember to immediately debug-compile after importing.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

if /decompile on a **COPY** of your db doesn't fix it.
    export all objects to text and then import objects-as-text into a virgin db
    HOWTO by Arvin Meyer

db-->text-->db does pretty much the same thing as /decompile but without altering the original db.
    also, if /decompile doesn't work because your db has an irrecoverably corrupt object, you can modif Arvin's code to skip that object and usually recover the rest.

link points to early-bind DAO code so you need a DAO reference in the db.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2