Unanswered: Database in acces with multiple tables

Hello guys,

I'm creating a database. I have the data in excel and i'm importing it in Access. I'm talking about companies, each company having a considerable amount of data (financials). The thing is that all excels are structured the same way, the rows are the same for all companies and when i'm importing it it generates one tabel for each xls spreadsheet. Now i want to create a page in wich i can select the companies about which i want to see data. the thing is that i don't know how to make this page in which the program searches exactly in the table i'm interested in...

i don't know much about programing so let's keep it simple

So how can i do it?

Provided Answers: 1
    Start here:

http://www.r937.com/relational.html

Use that to start to understand possible table structure. Then worry about importing.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Thanks, but i really don't have time to study the program .. as i'm not a programer and i only try to make something quick.

So do you know if i can set a buton to search in the table that the user introduces?

thanks

Provided Answers: 1
    Oh...

Well this forum is more for assisting people with developing their solutions as opposed to providing solutions for them.

Yes, you can set a button to search a table the user specifies.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Provided Answers: 59
    the only way I can think of doing what you want is to import each companies data as now
    then do a copy and paste and merge the data into one table.
    depending on the format you may need another table to handle the company names and the merged table to to handle the financial data

howver its going to need very careful work to do that, its going to need you getting your fingers dirty
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton