Unanswered: How to Migrate Oracle 7.3 to Oracle 10G

Hi,

My Oracle 7.3 got down because of hardware issue. I have coppied all dbf files and control files of oracle. Now on my laptop I have installed Oracle 10G. How can I import that data in Oracle 10G ?

Please help,

Regards
    NeeleshG

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    first do an export
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Actully its not possible to do Export as the old DB is down completely. And I dont have any installations for 7.3 also even dont know how to configure it.

Regards
    NeeleshG

You are out of luck. You can't directly upgrade from 7.3 to 10G, you must upgrade (if I remember correctly) to 9I and then upgrade from 9I to 10G. Or you can contact Oracle support and they should be able to help you out.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Actully I want to do this because this DB server will not come up soon. And they want their data just for Readonly purpose so they dont want to invest more on this. They are ok if they get their data in Excel or CSV format.

So I planned to import data in 10G temporary and just try to export them to excel.

But now it seems to difficutlt to import data in 10G. So is there any other way I can use to extract data from DBF or ctrl files?

Please help
    NeeleshG

Provided Answers: 4
    I don't think so; in order to extract data in CSV files (which would then be opened by Excel, for example), you need to have an up and running Oracle database (so that you could run SELECT statements and create CSV files).