Unanswered: Need a lil bit of help!! ERP on SQL server...

Hi all... My ERP system is runnin' on SQL server.. I have a network, and a vpn for child companies.. so my question is how i have to analize system's efficiency? what tips and trick i have to use for that reason? if any ideas or experience just share it with me...

thanks a lot

Provided Answers: 11
    That depends from application to application. A data warehouse would be considered incredible for being able to field a hundred queries a minute. An order entry system would be considered incredibly bad for only being able to fielding 100 queries a second.

If you are worried about performance, start looking into Perfmon on Windows.

and how o gotta handle this from SQL server 2005? I mean is there any trick to speed up the process?

And how i gotta handle this from SQL Server ? I mean is there any kinda trick to speed up this process?

Provided Answers: 11
    First "trick" is to define what you are looking for. Are you looking for specific performance problems? Are you setting up monitors to gauge the general health of these servers or get a baseline of performance? Have you decided what "acceptable performance" means?

Sounds like SAP on SQL...$120/hour and your problems will be history
    You need to run SQLDiag with Performance template, zip the output up and post it here.
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."