A database design clarification

I am new in database design trying to do get a logical datamodel.

Requirement:
    1)There are users in system.
    2)Each month and each year, every user have is associated with a template. 3)Each Template have set of 'Labels'.
    4)Each Label will have description and priority.
    5)Normal User will have edit rights to label_desc. Superuser will have edit rights on label_priority.
    6) At start of every month superuser assign a template to a user or load previous template.
    6)Template , template_label and label are just reference tables and will loaded and referenced.

My Entity/Tables are.

1)tbl_template--> template_id and template_desc
    2)tbl_label--> label_ID , label_desc , label_priority .
    3)tbl_template_label--> template_id , label_ID and other details.

4)tbl_user--> user_id,user_name and other details.
    5)tbl_user_data--> user_id, template_id, label_id, year, month, label_desc , label_priority and other details.
    6)tbl_role:user_id,user_type
    7)tbl_right:

I am not completly satisfied if desired functionality could achieved in above logical model. Do I need any other tables?

would like to get inputs from experts to correct me and achieve the above functions. Also I don't get how access can controlled.

Thanks
    Sam

Could anyone in this forum help me to arrive at conceptual model?
    thanks

Sam

Could you give a brief description of what your company holds information about. It usually makes things clearer on our side as to how to proceed.

Mike

thanks mike!
    I have a started a small business, I wanted a access database to store sales peformance data of each user. Each user have specific sales targets each month. Due to fluctuating market condition, I would like to select what should be specific area of sales and its specific target. After end of month, each user enter their actual sales figures.

The problem here is sales targets will be different based on time and user type. Let me explain in an example

Template1 will have two targets:1) revenue targets of 10K 2)Customer satisfaction 100%
    Template2 will have three targets:1) revenue targets 1K 2)10 New Customer 3)Savings of $100.
    Template3 will have three targets:1) revenue targets 10K 2)1 New Customer 3)Savings of $200.

So my user data should look like this.

User1(Manager) for Sept 2008,should have all sales target defined in template1.
    User2(Associate Manager) for Sept 2008,should have all sales target defined in template2.

However, in future
    User1 for Oct 08,should have all sales target defined in template1, but revenue target just 5K.
    User2 for Oct 08,should have all sales target defined in template2, but "new customer" can be exluded while saving.

I am superuser. Sometimes, If I dont assign sales targets, user1/user2 can propose me their targets and I should be able to priortize.

In short, I should be able to save and assign dynamic sales targets for different user type and differnt month.

I just know little bit of programming and learning to design. Let me if I have clarified enough .thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sam3737
    thanks mike!
    I have a started a small business, I wanted a access database to store sales peformance data of each user. Each user have specific sales targets each month. Due to fluctuating market condition, I would like to select what should be specific area of sales and its specific target. After end of month, each user enter their actual sales figures.

The problem here is sales targets will be different based on time and user type. Let me explain in an example

Template1 will have two targets:1) revenue targets of 10K 2)Customer satisfaction 100%
    Template2 will have three targets:1) revenue targets 1K 2)10 New Customer 3)Savings of $100.
    Template3 will have three targets:1) revenue targets 10K 2)1 New Customer 3)Savings of $200.

So my user data should look like this.

User1(Manager) for Sept 2008,should have all sales target defined in template1.
    User2(Associate Manager) for Sept 2008,should have all sales target defined in template2.

However, in future
    User1 for Oct 08,should have all sales target defined in template1, but revenue target just 5K.
    User2 for Oct 08,should have all sales target defined in template2, but "new customer" can be exluded while saving.

I am superuser. Sometimes, If I dont assign sales targets, user1/user2 can propose me their targets and I should be able to priortize.

In short, I should be able to save and assign dynamic sales targets for different user type and differnt month.

I just know little bit of programming and learning to design. Let me if I have clarified enough .thanks
    For me it's quite difficult to understand.
    You have to ask yourself questions like: will there be more targets then the 2 targets for template one, and 3 targets for template 2? is there a posibility to have 4 targets in the future?

In Oct08, the Template1 will be changed to 5k (meaning all the users that have Template1 assigned as target will have 5k), or only User1 will have a special target?, and the otherones that have Template1 will stay at 10k.

If you don't have too many users(<10), Templates(<4), targets, and you want to be flexible, and you don't know that well Access, may it would be better to do it in Excel, and then when you know better the rules, and you learn Access you can migrate to Access. Just an ideea.