Unanswered: refresh data in a table

i have a db that contains 2 tables and i can drag-n drop from one to the other it works fine.but i want to clear the first table back to its original state so that i can start afresh to make selections from it.is this possible and how does one do it
    rgds dennis

You can delete all the records in the table.
    or
    You can rename the table and then copy and paste (Using the Structure Only option.)
    or (but not preferred)
    You can rename the table and then run a "Make-Table" query using this renamed table as the source table in the query.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

refresh data in a table

thanks PK, i did not explain carefully! i activate the tables in form view and once used wish to revert the tables back to their original state.
    sorry but how do i achieve this for the next user of the programme to start afresh
    thks dennis

Provided Answers: 59
    undo what you've done, that means tracking any changes
    ...we are talking about tables here aren't we....

sounds almost like we are using two list / combo boxes...

I wonder if undo works (Ctrl + Z)?
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

thanks healdem,yes i am using two list boxes with drag-n-drop,i like the idea of ctrl+z how do i implement it on my form and can i use a command box?
    rgds dennis

Provided Answers: 59
    if you re using lit boxes then requery or refresh should do whats required.
    if one list box should have no data in it then set its recordsource to "" OR go through the collection and delete every item (or if the listbox supports clear the control).

have a look at the properties and methods available to you in the list box.
    switch to the code window and in an appropriate sub of function type in the name of your listbox followed by a full stop "." (eg "mylistbox." and the code editors will show what properties and methods you can use. have a look at the help file (highlight the name of your listbox and press F1

Ctrl Z will may not work with list boxes, it may work with data sheet views. I don't even know how well supported it is in Access.. it is however one of the (near) universal keyboard shortcuts for undo.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton