SQL server 2005 database has grown big in 2 days

Currently the database is on SQL server 2005 Workgroup edition.
    This customer had a corrupt database last week, so I backed up their db and brought the copy in office and re-built the database. On 24th, I restored the fixed db on their server that time the size of the db was 7 MB and today i.e. on 26th when I checked the size now it’s grown to 7 GB. I tried to shrink the data file, now the size is reduced to 5 GB. They must have posted the 2000 transactions in last 2 days.

Also, when I checked the size of the back up files (backed up by the maintenance plan), the size on 24th was 7mb, and it grew to 2GB yesterday.
    Can you please tell what could be the problem here and how do I resolve it?

Thanks for help in advance

what recovery mode are you in and how big is the log file?

run this...

sp_helpdb PutYourDBNameHere
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

The recovery mode is full

and the size for the log file is 1024KB.

Apparently service pack 1 had the following issue:

FIX: The value of the automatic growth increment of a database file may be very large in SQL Server 2005 with Service Pack 1

Would suggest installing SP2 if not already there...

Check if U have been a shark-attack victim so that your logon Files grow.

Dud stop resurrecting old dead threads that the original poster has long since abandoned. its really annoying.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.