Question Unanswered: users information

Hi,
    m using db2 ESE v9.5 on windows
    I want to know throughout the day in a file/table, the users who are connected to , their ip address, and the time that they are connected to an database server on windows.
    any script that will automatically make any entry in a table whenever a user connects to database along with status 'if the connection was successfully made or failed'

Provided Answers: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by nittal
    I want to know throughout the day in a file/table, the users who are connected to , their ip address, and the time that they are connected to an database server on windows.
    I think the audit facility will give you this info. look in the documentation under db2audit

Quote Originally Posted by nittal
    any script that will automatically make any entry in a table whenever a user connects to database along with status 'if the connection was successfully made or failed'
    I am not sure if the Event Monitor logs unsuccessful connections, but using it will have a significant impact on performance.

Andy

no it does not shows unsuccessfull connections...any other way to find that out??

Hi,

go to db2cmd prompt and db2pd -agents you get the list of user connected to your database and it wont give the IP address but it will give hexa decimal format.

Regards,

Mohan Reddy