Unanswered: Is Paradox for me?

I have owned a small mobile home park (59 spaces) for about ten years. I use Quattro Pro as my spreadsheet (monthly worksheet). I use WordPerfect 12 for my word processing duties. In WP I have templates for rent invoices, rent receipts, various table formats for reports and so on. My problem: I enter certain numbers into the spreadsheet ib order to calculate the monthly charges for each tenant. I then must enter these calculations into a invoice template. As rents come in I post the monies daily onto a daily tally sheet (WP template) and finally log onto the spreadsheet the income monies.

My question: Could I use Paradox to pick up the spreadsheet numbers, generate an invoice and later a rent receipt? In other words, automate some of these data entry sessions. I know there would be a learning curve but I have the time. Any advise would be helpful.
    Bud

yes, paradox can do that for you.. however, bear in mind that paradox is a "dead platform", and your learning time could be much better spent on a product with active sales and support..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too

OK, you got me there. What is a dead platform, and what is meant by an active sales and support platform? Sorry to be such a newbie.
    Bud

deveopment of paradox and it's underpinnings stopped in 2002.. there are only a handful of long-term developers still offering support.. if you aren't already a serious user, don't waste your time..
    --

Oasis Trading Post

how about some other database program?

how about some other database program?

exactly.. what you might want to pick depends on who you know, what effort you want to put into this yourself, how complex your needs are, etc.. I'm not gonna tell you want to do, I'm just gonna tell you one thing to NOT do.. if you pick paradox, you'll definitely still have to re-learn something else, sooner than later..
    --

Oasis Trading Post

Thanks Steve, you saved me from focusing on Paradox. Could you or anyone give me reccomendations on anothet DB program that might integrate with my existing spreadsheet, etc.

I need to create rent invoices, rent receipts & daily income check & cash postings.

I enjoy creating and improving the various reports and forms but would like a more integrated process. Would Filemaker or Access do the trick? Something else?

Assuming you're using Windows, I guess (you'd have to check though) that QP can talk to ODBC data sources.
    Any database that has ODBC support would therefore do.

Firebird would be one option. Reliable, doesn't require massive amounts of hardware, and it's cheap.
    http://www.firebirdsql.org/

There are however many others.