Unanswered: How to insert data from differnet db ????

Hi all,
    I want to schedule a script, which will periodically append the data from a differnt database. Except export import, is there any way to directly insert from tables to another where both are in different database. If yes, how ????

Hi,
    you need federated system.

Manual: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg27009727
    Download PDF file: Administration Guide for Federated Systems
    Regards,
    Grofaty

I would recommend the export/import solution. Federation is not worth the trouble and costs extra in V9.5 (for all editions). You will need IBM Homogeneous Federation Feature in V9.5. Even if you are not using V9.5 now, you eventually will have to upgrade.

Another options is SQL replication, but again, it usually not worth the trouble unless you need the data to be in synch near real-time (within a few minutes).
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Sorry, I mean to say both tables from same RDBMS (DB2) but residing in different database. Like in Oracle, we can create database links to insert data !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jayshah7
    Sorry, I mean to say both tables from same RDBMS (DB2) but residing in different database. Like in Oracle, we can create database links to insert data !!!!
    We knew what you meant (both databases are DB2), and the answers above don't change.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390