Request Sample of Data Source

Are there any of you can provide me a data source with more than 1000 records from any database?

I urgently need it for my datawarehouse' project: building a data mart. The data is okay to be fake as long as it's still make a sense.

Please help! Thanks...

what you mean a single table, multiple tables, how complex
    what is stopping you creating one yourself with data that makes sense to you
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Quote Originally Posted by healdem
    what you mean a single table, multiple tables, how complex
    what is stopping you creating one yourself with data that makes sense to you
    Hmm... i think it need more than 6 to 12 table, and it have to be a database transaction (coz it sure has many record). Since it's a database transaction, the relationship must be complex.

Interesting, why i not made it by myself?! Bcoz, my other friends get it from the internet so I believe that i can get it too. I've tried so many query in google and there isn't one, works. From database, huge database, data source, data warehouse. No one want to share their database in the internet.

I will try anything, i'm sure there are ppl that share their database. I just don't know who and where. That's why i won't make it myself. You can call me lazy dog or whaterver. Hahaha...

So if you know where can i get 'it' tell me, everyone who read this post too, plz help me. Or you can share yours? Thx.

my other friends get it from the internet
    • Have you tried asking your friends for the URL?
    • If you're desperate then you could use a Wiki dump
    • Though I think you'd save yourself just creating the data for yourself rather than spend time downloading another database and having to understand that before continuing with your real work.
    • Why doesn't your tutor provide you with a downloadable database?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite
    • Have you tried asking your friends for the URL?
    • If you're desperate then you could use a Wiki dump
    • Though I think you'd save yourself just creating the data for yourself rather than spend time downloading another database and having to understand that before continuing with your real work.
    • Why doesn't your tutor provide you with a downloadable database?
    • There is no way i can ask them. Bcoz, it'll make i have same data with them and it means grades D for my and his project.
    • I'll try your suggestion
    • Hmm yeah, i think it's the best way. Maybe i cannot finish to make until 1000 recs, since it must been submitted before November, 10.
    • Haha.. That's why i have to search. Of course he doesn't provide it. if he did then whole class will use the sama data and there is no mean to give this assignment.

Hmm.. basically i just need it to use for a simulation. My project is to simulate how to make data mart based on OLTP database. So the datasource must not be the main problem, but here i stuck with it and doesn't make any progress.

Maybe i cannot finish to make until 1000 recs, since it must been submitted before November, 10
    You could try doing a search for "coursework" and you'll usually get some simple database designs (an example). Create some SQL to insert a single main record and it's supporting data. Then put this in a loop to insert 1000 records.

As you have described it, it doesn't seem like a very well focused assignment. You seem to have equale problems getting hold of a database structure, understanding it and filling it with data - that's before you get to the real coursework of building a data mart. At least one thing you'll learn from this is to give yourself enough time in future